Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Here we go again!

I was going to start a new blog, but I realized my goal is still to qualify for Boston someday and it starts with these little steps. I realized I never even posted about how St. George went in 2010. I will have to do a race report. I was very disappointed. I felt ready but the weather was warmer than I expected and I was not able to keep the pace. Jeff ran the last few miles with me and I finished in 4:15.

I have not really been in training since that race. We decided to try to pregnant and so I thought this meant I couldn't be in training. Well, I finally got pregnant this December, but unfortunately it did not last and I miscarried for the first time. It has been a horrible roller coaster. We are taking a break for a little while until we decide our next step.

So, I am a runner again! I am going to keep track here so I can watch my improvements. I am going to try not to compare myself to where I used to be.

First run- 3 1/2 miles outside while Bryce and Spencer rode bikes. We ran slow to the park and then ran slow to Spencers house. Once I got there I realized I had to run home to get my truck in order to get to the school in time. Running fast was a bad idea! I was not quite ready for it. :-)

Today- I decided to follow a schedule to have a good 10k on March 3rd. I went to the gym to do 400 repeats. I was hoping to do them at 8 minute pace (it is supposed to be 5k pace and I used to run a 5k faster than that!). I was not quite ready for that. So, here are my times.

1- 8:36
2-8:36
3-8:20
4-8:13
5-8:13
6-8:13
7-8:00
8-8:00
9-- 7:53

I did a mile warmup and a half mile cool down and I walked in between each repeat for .05-.1 miles. I ended up running about 4 1/2 miles altogether.

I am being patient with myself. I know as the weight comes off and as I build my endurance I will feel better. I did not think I could finish this workout and I am proud I did!

No comments: