Friday, March 6, 2015

Champoeg 30k Race goals

Well, it is the night before the race, so here I am again. I start to get nervous so looking at my training and thinking about my goals helps me relax. I am strange. I should be in bed. So, the 30k is my favorite distance- at least that is what I tell people. I hope I am right. Here is my history with the race:

2005- ran the 10k- thought people who ran the 30k (the 10k loop 3 times) were crazy!
2006- ran the 30k as one of those crazy people. Ran a 2:50, 9 minute pace, had a hard time getting my heart rate down after it was over. Little bit scary.
2007-pregnant :-)
2008- ran a 2:41, fun to see my time come down, pretty happy with this
2009- ran a 2:32, still getting faster. I believe this is an 8:11 pace.
2010-getting over a sickness
2011-not in shape for it.
2012- recovering from a miscarriage
2013-had a baby :-)
2014-training for Yakima- goal was to run 8:23 pace for the whole thing, ran a 1:37, 8:25 pace
2015- Tomorrow!

Training has been going strong since the Half Marathon. I have run over 200 miles and many of that at faster than Boston pace. My Wednesday runs have been great tempo runs that have pushed me. I have done Monday track work on the treadmill and I have not missed any workouts. My weight is in the 120's and I am feeling stronger than I have ever felt! I am hoping it is my time to PR.

Goals.

A. Perfect race- First 10- 8:20 pace in 52 minutes, second 10k, 8:10 pace in under 51 minutes, last 10k in under 50 minutes. Hopefully this will get me a PR. :-)
B. Faster than last year. :-)
C. Finish strong.

My heart rate has been doing so well. I hope it continues to do so!!

Should have good friend Annie running with me so that should keep me going.

We will see how tomorrow goes. The good news is that I will get a 20k PR since this is the first time I am being timed for that distance. :-) Time for bed.

No comments: