Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sidelined

Well, apparently all those treadmill runs did not do well for my ligaments. I  have posterior tibial tendinitis (what I had last year!) and so I am easing back into running. I had amazing runs on vacation and felt great! When I got back to Oregon and ran outside, I started the Hanson's training plan with the 12x400 on the track. The next day I ran 9 miles with 2 different groups and later that day my tendon just felt like it was on fire. It got worse and worse and I could barely walk. I iced it off and on for the next few days and just went for swims. I thought maybe my running days were over. Once we realized it was the treadmill runs, I started to feel optimistic. I know I recovered 100% last year and I can do it again! It is so early in training. I don't like to miss any runs though, and I am a little waterlogged. I have been seeing a chiropractor. He gave me the go ahead to run on Monday. I went for a slow 5 miles and I could feel it and it was sore, but not painful. I took yesterday off and went for a beautiful bike ride. Today I ran 4 miles with the group. It still felt pretty off. I am going to keep icing and laying off it. I am hoping to run slow tomorrow and the following 2 days.  I am hoping to get right back on track. Not sure if my half marathon will happen in 2 weeks. I hope it does! I want to PR! I am just taking care of myself right now!

2 comments:

cherl said...

Love your attitude. Don't push this week.

Kelly(M&M) said...

Thanks Cherl for your constant support!