Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My New Plan- Hooray!!

Alright, it is time to suck it up and do it! I have always wanted to devote a full 12 weeks to low heart rate training to build my base, and now is the time. I don't think I have anything to lose.  I have exactly 12 weeks until speedwork of Hanson's starts for the Northwest Pacific Marathon on May 2nd. I am spending this 12 weeks following Phil Maffetone's formula of 180-age and I am going to add 5 beats because I have already been training. My heart rate max is higher than most people, so I don't know if I really fit into this formula, but I am going to try it anyway and see how it goes.

I also feel strongly that I need to follow the Whole 30 again while I do this. I want to train my body to burn more fats and I think this is the way to do it.

Tomorrow will be my initial 5 mile test on a treadmill and I will retest every 4 weeks to see how I am doing and will do one more right before I start Hanson's.

Jeff has agreed to run slow with me on Tues, Thurs, and Sat and I am hoping to get others involved on the other days, but if I can't I will have my treadmill and I am buying a new Shuffle today to celebrate. I worked hard this year!!

Yeah!!!

No comments: