Monday, June 18, 2012

St George 2012- Week 1

I think normally I will have an easy run on Mondays and then do my speedwork on Tuesday and Thursday. But, since we are considering a 5k on Saturday I want to be more rested. So, here we go.

Monday- Day 1 of my training. The goal was 3 mile repeats at a 7:02 pace. I knew this was going to be tough for me, but I went for it anyway. I did a little warmup and my shins were already bugging me. I turned on my music and away I went. I kept my Garmin on and just tried to stay right around 7 minutes. By the end, I was starting to struggle and I ended with a 7:08. Not too bad considering I used to do these at 7:20. Mile 2, I struggled even more and ran a 7:28. I was a little disappointed with this one but hoped that I could pick it up for the last mile. I started off strong, but still faded in the end. I ran a 7:29. So, I am a little frustrated, but it is what it is. I have to take what my body can do right now. I am hoping to see progress next time I do mile repeats. Also, I am still trying to lose weight.

Weight- 140.1 (Yesterday it was 139.6- really trying to stay under 140!)

Tuesday- Ran with my Couch to 5k group. They are doing awesome!

Wednesday- Tempo run- 2 mile warmup, 2 miles at 7:35 and then 2 mile cooldown. I went with Heather. I was able to keep the pace up, but it was tougher than I wanted it to be.

Thursday- Ran with friends 5 miles at 9:20 pace.

Friday- Hot Yoga for the first time. Not like anything I have ever done. 90 minutes. Whew!

Saturday- Goal- 13 miles at 8:53 pace. I knew this would be a little tough for me, but I wanted to try it anyway. I ran by myself at first and got 3 1/2 miles in. Then I joined the rest of the group, including Jeff- yeah! I did alright but never felt like I got in a good groove. Ended up averaging 9:07 for the whole run. Very happy with my week! 37 miles overall. I decided not to run the 5k. I think I will be running one next week.

No comments: