Monday, January 5, 2009

Treadmill Tempo Run

Well, I didn't wake up this morning so I ran tonight. I defnitely feel sluggish in the evening. Hopefully I will think about that next time I don't want to wake up! I did a 30 minute tempo run. I started with a short walk and then warmed up for 8 minutes at 6.o mph. My heart rate stayed under 160. Then every minute I increased the speed by 2mph. When I hit 7.6 mph, I stayed there for the rest of the tempo run, which stopped at 24 minutes. My heart rate didn't get into the 180's until 7.0 mph. That's a good sign. I am hoping to stay in the 170s for the first half of Newport. I am hoping that will be at a good pace. Overall, it was a tough run, but it felt great to push it!!

1 comment:

Mona said...

Kelly,
OH! It will be so fun to read your blog! I was an avid runner myself until the doctor told me NO WAY after a bad bout in the hospital with my back a couple of years ago. As a result, I'm relegated to the treadmill at a fast pace and steep incline. I've also discovered Yoga, which I love. Anyway - welcome to Mona's Musings. I'm delighted you are following and want to send you the promised Nephi CD but need your mailing address. Can you send it to me at info@nephi-story.com ASAP?

Your newest friend,
Mona
http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com/