Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 1 of pre-training get fit and healthy!

I would like to start checking in on Sundays, but we will see. :-) Here is my final update for the week.

Nutrition- Finished 4 full days of Whole 30 and the only cheat I had was Jeff wanted to celebrate an accomplishment at work and brought home ice cream. :-) I had a tiny bit. The rest of the time I have stuck to proteins, fruits, veggies, nuts, and healthy fats like avocado! I have had sweet potatoes and eggs 3 out of the 4 mornings and I have not been hungry and the weight is melting off like it always does when I get rid of grains and dairy. My body just does not do well with them and I need to accept it.

Exercise- I have been running, but not very much. When I do it is following low hr. My monitor seems to jump around even when I don't feel any change, so that is a little frustrating! But, I am enjoying not being as stressed about getting miles in. I ran just under 20 miles, but I also did 2 strength training workouts- one of them Jillian Michaels, played basketball, and did clogging! Oh, and don't forget about Bikram Yoga! This week I want to try short yoga at least 3 times.

Sleep- Jeff and I planned on getting in bed at 9:45 but it only happened once this week. I will do better this week.


No comments: