Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Will I get to run?

I have a lot to catch up on, but I wanted to write down some thoughts. I have had an awesome training cycle. I feel faster and stronger than I have in a long time. I had a rough pace run the week after the race and it knocked my confidence down for a little while. I came back even stronger and had 2 amazing pace runs. The second one happened on my birthday! Jeff was running the first half with me and I finished the last 6 miles by myself. We were in Arizona and I felt like a million bucks.

Unfortunately, when I came home from that run I felt pain just above my ankle. Normally, I would take time off, but I was afraid I was having "phantom" pains during taper week. The next day I ran 8 miles on it and it turned from dull ache to stabbing pain and I had a hard time walking the rest of the weekend. I have not run since March 21st.

As soon as I got back from Arizona, I went to the dr. I had an MRI yesterday. I will be getting the results today. We fasted with my family that it would be healed if that is what is best for me at this time. I know I have the faith, along with my family to make this happen. I have worked really hard and would love a shot at this race on Saturday.

However, if it is not to be, then I will enjoy family time at the beach and find a new goal. I am wearing my running clothes to the dr so I can go for a run if I am given the green light. I will be smart about this. I will be prayerful going in that I will know the right answer if he leaves the choice up to me. I will weigh the pros and cons.

I am really grateful for my 30k race. I know I have worked hard and in good shape. I can get there again if I can't run Saturday. I have not been eating too great this week, so I will need to figure that out if I get to race. I need my nerves to calm. I am going to clean for the last 30 minutes. Woo hoo!!

No comments: