Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Feeling Strong

Okay, so I haven't been as good about updates as I would like, but I feel the need to give one now! Today's run gave me so much confidence! It was a 3x2mile repeat. We have been doing these "strength" workouts for a few weeks ago. They are always a total of 6 fast miles. The goal pace is 10 seconds faster than half marathon pace (we were training for a half marathon first!) so that is around 7:35. That has been hard for me to do. Last week and this week, I think I broke through!

Today's paces: 7:21, 7:27, 7:20, 7:28, 7:12, 7:26. I was so happy with this! I really need to run a 5K and 10K to see how fast I am. :-) The best part is that my heart rate didn't even get as high as it has been getting. Yeah for getting faster at a lower heart rate!

I feel like my eating is going well. I am at a healthy weight and I am trying to get more sleep. Hopefully my half marathon this Saturday will show my improvements.

Goal is to not see a mile with an 8 in it. I want to start at 7:59 and end in the 7:30's. My PR is this same course last year and it was a 1:47:20. So, here are my 3 levels of goals.

1. sub 1:45
2. sub 1:47:20
3. Finish strong and smiling. :-)

I am ready for this! I am excited to see what I can do!

No comments: