Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I am back!

Well, here I am! I took my mileage easy last week and on Friday I went for a run by myself and I felt good so I did some faster miles to gauge my fitness. It wasn't quite Boston pace but I ran quite a few miles in the mid 8's! I ran slow again on Saturday and took Sunday off. On Monday we were at the beach, so we ran with a faster friend and averaged in the 8's again- ending with a 7:37. Yesterday, I ran with 2 different groups of friends for some nice, enjoyable miles. My ankle seems to be pretty well healed so I decided I was ready for some tempo work.

My friend Jen (the spin instructor Boston Bound friend) agreed to come pace me. I will admit I was nervous. It was nice to have someone else calling the shots. It was a little cold and she took me up Sunset Hill. The goal was to be mostly sub-8 but she was going to vary my paces for going uphill. Here are the splits: 8:46, 8:49, 7:55, 7:59, 8:06, 7:50, 7:46, 9:31, total 7 miles at 8:18 pace. We were run 7:30-7:40 during the fast parts and staying around 8:05 during the slower parts. It was a tough workout but I survived! I need to learn what my body can do and quit limiting myself.

I have my half marathon in 10 days! I really, really, really want to PR but I don't know if I am 100% yet. I am going to keep getting my miles in and we will see!! I am definitely feeling more confident for PNW.

1 comment:

cherl said...

Hey, I hadn't noticed your previous PRs on here before. A 1:47 for the HM? I could see how a PR might happen for you soon. 😃