Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pre-Training for St George

Last week was my marathon recovery week, and boy did I stick to it. :-) I ran twice with my couch to 5k group and I went for a bike ride with Bryce. That's it! Jeff and I were planning on 8 miles together on Saturday, but it never happened so we decided to save it for Monday. So, here is my last week before my training "officially" starts. I hope I have picked the right plan and I hope I can do it!

Monday- 8 miler with Jeff, started out a little quicker than usual, but I just tried to go with it, since that is my focus this time around. I have the base and endurance, now I need to get comfortable with speed. We did the first mile at 9:09. Then we went up Sunset Hill for 9:56 second mile. Then I decided to enjoy the downhill and I did an 8:23. After that, I was a little tired, so we ran 9:43, 9:44, 9:38, 9:32. Our average was 9:25. Tougher long run for me, but a good way to start. Jeff pushed it the last mile and I was proud of him. He definitely has more speed than me. I just have more endurance for now.

Tuesday- I asked Heather Smith to meet me for 800's. I was really nervous because in the past the fastest I tried to run these was a 3:40. My training plan says 3:23. So, here are our splits

1 mile warmup- 8:58
.2- 9:37

800- 3:18 (What?!!) A little too fast
800- 3:21
800-3:24
800- 3:24
800-3:30
800- 3:35

So, I definitely had to slow down, but I am proud of myself for even being able to do 1 and for not giving up.

These will get better and easier, I hope. I also still have weight to lose so I am working on that. We will see how this all goes!

No comments: