Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I did it!

So, trial workout #2 was a success! It is snowing here in Oregon, so I took the day off yesterday and decided to try the second workout today. This one gives me the choice of running 3 miles in 22:45 (7:35 pace), 5 miles in 39:10 (7:50 pace) or 8 miles in 64:40 (8:05 pace). I was nervous because that first run didn't go how I wanted. I decided to do the 3 mile run because I didn't have much time. So, I did a mile warmup at 11 minute pace, just trying to ease into it. I then put a magazine over the screen so I couldn't see the miles slowly tick by. I just listened to my music and waited one or two songs to check where my mileage was. As soon as it hit a mile I would push lap on my Garmin, so I would have heart rate info. My first mile was 7:31, my second mile was 7:37 and my third mile was 7:34- ave pace 7:34, woo hoo!!! The best news is that my heart rate did pretty well, compared to Monday. On Monday my heart rate was as 205 before the end of the first mile. This one the first mile ave was 186, the second was 194, 202. It was tough, but I am so excited that I can do it!! I need to stay consistent with my running for these next few weeks.
The last workout is to run 15-20 miles at 8:48 pace and with the weather I just don't think this is going to happen. Hopefully when I get back in town the weather will be better to try this.

No comments: